XBMC is another software we're featuring today. XBMC is an award-winning freeware software. It's a multi-format media player. More like a media center with pro TV functionality.
It's a nice alternative to Windows Media Centre
XBMC is available for Mac, Windows, Linux and XBox. It was created in the year 2003 by a group of like minded programmers and it't a non-profit project run by more than 50 software developers and over 100 translators.
Currently XBMC can be used to play almost all popular audio and video formats around. It was designed to stream content from over the network, so you can stream your multimedia from anywhere in the house or directly from the internet using practically any protocol available.
XBMC has the following features:
- XBMC now supports using OSX’s default output device for audio as well as hardware decoding with Intel GPUs in OSX
- XBMC no longer hogs audio for Linux and on resume audio will continue to work in Linux
- Full iPhone 5 resolution is now enabled
- Volume buttons on Android devices now control Android volume, rather than XBMC volume
- Volume buttons on OSX devices once again control OSX volume, rather than XBMC volume
- Player optimization on the Raspberry Pi, including more efficient playback, better subtitle support, and many crash fixes
- iOS 6 support on the AppleTV 2.
- XBMC does not crash when listed on the AppleTV top shelf
- Added support for additional Xbox 360 controller types
- Broader and more intelligent support for CEC devices
- Fixed problems with several addons due to broken binary read/write in our python interface
- Language fixes, including 7 new languages: Albanian, Burmese, Malay, Persian (Iran), Tamil (India), Uzbek, Vietnamese
- AirPlay fixes, including making discovery of XBMC more reliable on OSX
Below are screen shots of XBMC
Download XBMC for other platforms such as:
OsX, Linux, Windows, Apple TV, iOS, Android
article/images source: xbmc.org
Subscribe via RSS or Subscribe by Email.
Like TechBase on Facebook